Saturday, January 23, 2010

Leaving on a jet plane...

Tomorrow. It hasn't really sunk in yet, despite all of the preparations, all of the international phone calls and emails, all of the junk I still need to pack sitting in the next room. In approximately 24 hours, I will be going to Cleveland Hopkins International Airport and getting ready to embark on my transatlantic adventure. Am I excited? Aw, yeah. Am I nervous? Am I scared?

...yeah. That, too.

But, then again, as the great thinker Anonymous (I really have to meet this guy) once said, "Ships in the harbor are safe, but that is not what ships are built for."

So screw harbors and comfort zones. That's not how memories are made...

***

"The Road goes ever on and on
down from the door where it began.
Now far ahead the Road has gone
and I must follow, if I can,
pursuing it with eager feet
until it joins some larger way
where many paths and errands meet.
And whither then? I cannot say."
-- J. R. R. Tolkien

No comments:

Post a Comment